Stanislav Chigadaev Trio - Chopin Today - premiere: 07.05.2021 (SJRecords 054)
A classical, jazz, pop, folk and rock crossover.
The uncommonly gifted Stanislav Chigadaev has worked with artists such as Andrea Bocelli (Helsinki, 2014), Nigel Kennedy (Germany, 2016), Vasily Gerello (Russia, 2016), and Alena Petrovskaya (Russia, 2015).
He formed the Stanislav Chigadaev Trio in 2014 and has successfully performed at the most prestigious Russian concert halls, including the Moscow International House of Music, the Small Hall of the Saint-Petersburg Philharmonia, Mariinsky Theatre, the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theatre, the State Russian Museum and the Perm Philharmonic.
- In 2016, the artists represented Russia at the international festival Sib Jazz Fest in Novosibirsk, with their project “Chopin Today”.
- In 2018, the Trio released the album “Vivaldi Today”, with the premiere performance in San Felice Circeo, Italy.
- In 2018, Stanislav Chigadaev Trio, joined by the balalaika virtuoso Georgiy Nefjodov, took the second prize at the Terem Crossover International Music Competition.
- In August 2020, the ensemble took part in the International Festival of Music and Arts “Tremolo” in Togliatti, whose artistic director was maestro Fabio Mastrangelo.
- In 2020, on the 210th anniversary of the birth of Frédéric Chopin, the Polish Institute in Saint Petersburg sponsored the release of the album “Chopin Today”. The album was recorded at one of Russia’s best studios, CineLab in Moscow, commonly used by the likes of Universal, Sony Pictures, iTunes, or the Walt Disney Company. The premiere took place in October 2020 at the Saint-Petersburg Philharmonia.
- In December 2020, the Trio played at the State Concert Hall during Novosibirsk’s White Festival. The musicians performed arrangements of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker for a jazz trio and a string chamber orchestra, the latter conducted by Alima Shahmameteva.
- In February 2021, “Chopin Today” was performed at the Perm Philharmonic.
Stanislav Chigadaev Trio have received the Diploma of the Governor of Saint Petersburg “for popularising classical music and for outstanding contribution to the life of the city”.
Poland: In 2017, Stanislav performed at the Jan Nowak-Jeziorański College of Eastern Europe piano recital in Wrocław. He was the 2017 recipient of the Gaude Polonia scholarship and worked as a trainee teacher at the Katowice Academy of Music.
Stanislav Chigadaev was born in Budapest in a family of musicians. He graduated from the Rimsky-Korsakov Saint Petersburg State Conservatory. He was the prize winner at countless competitions; including the Sergei Rachmaninoff
International Competition (Saint Petersburg, 2005), Georgy Sviridov International Competition (Saint Petersburg, 2008), Maria Yudina International Competition (Saint Petersburg, 2009), Smetana International Piano Competition (Plzeň, 2010), and Stockholm International Music Competition as soloist and chamber musician (Stockholm, 2012).