Tomasz Wendt - Daily Things. Out on March 17, 2023 (SJRecords 072)
„Daily Things” - is the title of Tomasz Wendt's third original album. His phonographic debut "Behind the Strings" won recognition among critics and audiences alike, resulting in a Fryderyk 2017 award. Tomasz's second album "Chapter B." also attracted interest and was highly reviewed. Music on the artist's third album is a juxtaposition of the four improvisers’ sensitivity as they interpret songs inspired by days of the week. “Daily Things” is a reflection on the notion of repetition and an attempt to capture the unnoticed, fleeting emotions that accompany everyday life. Tomasz Wendt, Szymon Mika, Max Mucha and Michał Miśkiewicz combine their musical experiences in a new, exceptionally emotional structure.
Tomasz Wendt was born on May 3, 1990 in Gdańsk. He studied the saxophone and graduated with honors from the Karol Lipiński Academy of Music in Wrocław, receiving the Graduate of the Year 2014 award. In addition, he was awarded the Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage for Poland’s most talented art students. In September 2019, he received his PhD at the Academy of Music in Wrocław, where he now teaches.
Tomasz’s first original album, Tomasz Wendt Trio & Atom String Quartet’s “Behind the Strings”, won recognition in the Polish music environment, resulting in a Fryderyk 2017 award in the Jazz Phonographic Debut category. In November 2019, the artist recorded his second album of original music, Tomasz Wendt Chapter B.
Tomasz is a laureate of prestigious music competitions in Poland and abroad, including:
- Fryderyk 2017 Award in the Jazz Phonographic Debut category
- 1st Prize at the 7th International Jazz Improvisation Competition 2015, Katowice
- 2nd Prize at the International Competition Getxo Jazz Festival 2016, Getxo, Spain
- 1st Prize at the Jazz Nad Odrą Festival 2013, Wrocław
- 1st Prize at the Tarnów Jazz Contest 2012 festival, Tarnów
- 1st Prize at the RCK Pro Jazz Festival 2012, Kołobrzeg
- 2nd Prize at the Jazz Juniors Festival 2011, Kraków
- "Klucz Do Kariery" at the Gorzów Jazz Celebrations 2011 festival, Gorzów Wlkp.
- Audience Award at the Getxo Jazz Festival 2012, Getxo, Spain
- Special Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage at the Lotos Jazz festival, 2013, Bielsko-Biała
- Individual Award at the festival Krokus Jazz 2014, Jelenia Góra
- The "Most Promising Talent of the Festival" award at the Azoty Tarnów International Contest 2011 - Individual Distinction at the Review of Young Jazz and Blues Bands 2011, Gdynia
The saxophonist has collaborated with many outstanding artists from the music world, including: Grzegorz Nagórski, Piotr Wojtasik, Mateusz Smoczyński, Joachim Mencel, Michał Miśkiewicz, Joachim Mencel, Rafał Sarnecki, Artur Lesicki, Kuba Stankiewicz, Urszula Dudziak, Eric Allen (USA), Dean Brown (USA) or also Taco Hemingway and Grubson.
-Tomasz Wendt Trio & Atom String Quartet: Behind the Strings, SJRecords 2016 (Fryderyk Award 2017 in the Jazz Phonographic Debut category)
-Tomasz Wendt: Chapter B., SJRecords 2019
-Tomasz Wendt: Daily Things, SJRecords 2023
-Taco Hemingway: "Europe", 2020, 2020
-Krzysztof Logan Tomaszewski: "Bird of Paradise", Blue Bayou, 2020
-Krzysztof Logan Tomaszewski: "Mama Autumn", Blue Bayou, 2019
-Gospel Life: Genesis, Rays of Silence 2017
-Jarecki: Too high, Supa'High Music 2017
-Artur Lesicki: Our Mother Sorceress, music for the play, Luna Music 2017
-Grubson: Grubson Live Przystanek Woodstock 2016, Złoty Melon 2016
-Zawartko/Piasecki: Fly, Captain Earth, DTM 2015
-Adam Wendt: Acoustic Travel, Soliton 2014
-Generation Next: Live at Jazz Nad Odrą, SJRecords 2013
-Sebastian Ładyżyński: 432, Ładyżyński 2020
-Małgorzata Markiewicz: Bring the Light, Lydian7/2020
-Mirosław Kowalik: Okruchy, publishing house Agora, 2019
-Vibraslap: Different Wor(l)ds, Milor 2019
-Taco Hemingway: Europe, (Ortalion solo), Taco Hemingway, 2020
-Zawartko/Piasecki: Vagabond, DTM, 2021
-Anna Maria Mbayo: Baba Yetu, AMM, 2021
-Jerzy Kaczmarek Quartet: Tribute to Jazz Club Rura, PSJ, 2021
-Mary Rumi: Depressed Lady, PolishFolkManagement, 2022